Friday, February 17, 2012

First entry - what's going on

My husband and I eloped over nine years ago. We were both 20 and didn't have a lot of cash to throw down on a wedding, and we just wanted to be married, so we ran off to Florida. There were four other people present. Our parents missed it. I missed dancing with my daddy and wearing a white gown. We missed the party.

We've decided to renew our vows next spring. My friend Nina (http://www.wix.com/slackerelf/nina) designed me an amazing Celtic-inspired gown and shipped it to me back in 2005 (it's AMAZING and perfect for me, and best of all, no one else has it). Well, I'm finally going to get to wear it. I'm finally going to get to see my handsome husband in a suit and we'll get to exchange our personalized vows (something we weren't able to do at the courthouse in Florida where we were married). I can't wait to dance with my David and my father and mother and best friends.... I'm very excited.

We've decided for it to be a DIY-affair, outdoors at my parents' house. They have a lot of pretty blooming dogwoods in spring. We're hoping to have the ceremony near dusk and the reception outside at night. I've already compiled a playlist of tunes (my brother has even agreed to play a slowed-down version of "our" song, which is a punk song by the Descendents).

This blog will serve to provide updates on our big day (tentatively set for March 30, 2013, but may be pushed back due to weather/warmth concerns). I'll upload pics of ideas and things like that. I hope people will provide comments and suggestions. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment